The Tales of Beedle the Bard: The Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
- #1: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: The Illustrated Edition (Illustrated): The Illustrated Edition (Hardcover): $39.99
- #2: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: The Illustrated Edition (Illustrated) (Hardcover): $39.99
- #3: Harry Potter y el prisionero de Azkaban / Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Hardcover): $28.95
- #4: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: The Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter, Book 4) (Illustrated edition) (Hardcover): Email or call for price (email@example.com)
- #5: Harry Potter y la Orden del Fénix / Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Hardcover): $29.95
- #6: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Hardcover): $29.99
- #7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Hardcover): $34.99
A brand-new fully illustrated edition of J.K. Rowling's classic tales from the wizarding world, with brilliant full-color artwork by award-winning artist Lisbeth Zwerger.The Tales of Beedle the Bard contains five richly imaginative stories of adventure, cunning, heartache, and, of course, magic. They are to the wizarding community what the tales of the Brothers Grimm are to Muggle families. This lush new illustrated edition has been translated from the ancient runes by Hermione Granger and is presented here with extensive commentary by Albus Dumbledore. And now Hans Christian Andersen Medalist Lisbeth Zwerger interprets these classic tales with beauty and tenderness (and wit), illuminating them for modern readers. With an introduction and notes by J.K. Rowling, this collection will thrill and delight Muggles and wizards alike.For every sale of this book, Scholastic will donate 15% of the suggested retail price to Lumos, an international nonprofit organization founded by J.K. Rowling that works globally to end the institutionalization of children. wearelumos.org
About the Author
J.K. Rowling is the author of the record-breaking, multi-award-winning Harry Potter novels. Loved by fans around the world, the series has sold over 500 million copies, been translated into over 80 languages, and made into eight blockbuster films. She has written three companion volumes in aid of charity: Quidditch Through the Ages and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (in aid of Comic Relief UK and Lumos), and The Tales of Beedle the Bard (in aid of Lumos), as well as a screenplay inspired by Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, which marked the start of a five-film series to be written by the author. She has also collaborated on a stage play, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Parts One and Two, which opened in London's West End in the summer of 2016 and on Broadway in the spring of 2018. In 2012 J.K. Rowling's digital company Pottermore was launched, where fans can enjoy news, features, and articles, as well as original content from J.K. Rowling. She is also the author of The Casual Vacancy, a novel for adult readers, and the Strike crime series, written under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith. She has received many awards and honors, including an OBE and Companion of Honour, France's Légion d'honneur, and the Hans Christian Andersen Award.
Lisbeth Zwerger is the recipient of the Hans Christian Andersen Medal for her contributions to children's literature, among many other awards, and her work has been included in the New York Times Best Illustrated Books list. She has illustrated editions of many classic tales, including Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz, The Little Mermaid, A Christmas Carol, and several tales by the Brothers Grimm. She lives and works in Vienna, Austria.