Code of Conduct
River Bend Bookshop Code of Conduct
River Bend Bookshop (RBB) values the dignity, diversity, and inclusion of everyone with whom we interact. All participants at RBB events are required to adhere to RBB's code of conduct, as described below. This includes River Bend staff, speakers/presenters, guests, volunteers, and all affiliated attendees.
RBB is committed to a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of race, sex, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, ethnicity, and religion. We do not tolerate harassment, discrimination, or other unwelcome or unlawful behavior on the basis of any of these characteristics.
Behaviors that violate this policy include, but are not limited to:
- Offensive verbal comments related to any protected category above
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Sexual propositions
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Off-color or obscene jokes, remarks, or gestures
- Any other words or conduct of a sexual nature that makes the recipient or observer uncomfortable
- Intimidation, stalking, or following
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Unwelcome photography or recording
RBB expects all event participants to follow established rules.
RBB takes any violation of this policy very seriously. Accordingly, participants who violate this policy may, in the judgment and discretion of River Bend staff members, be asked to stop; may be expelled from an RBB event, without refund if applicable; may be prevented from attending future RBB events.
If you are being harassed, observe someone else being harassed, or have concerns about potential violations of this policy, please notify an RBB staff member immediately. In the case of an emergency, call 911. In all other cases, if an appropriate RBB staff member is not readily available, you can email email@example.com, or text that email address, and we will respond to you as soon as possible.